An Update on Our Leadership Transition
After eight years as President and CEO, Cecilia Clarke will mark her last day at Brooklyn Community Foundation on Friday, July 2nd as she embarks on an exciting new chapter. In her time here, Cecilia accelerated the Foundation's growth and deepened our partnerships. A few highlights include:
- Growth of assets from $60M to over $100M, with nearly 100 Donor Advised Funds under management
- Instituting a Racial Justice Lens across all operations
- Boosting grantmaking from $3M annually to nearly $13M in 2020
- Increasing staff by 80% and moving our headquarters to Central Brooklyn
- Development of our signature Brooklyn Insights community engagement model—earning us the National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy's prestigious Impact Award
Following Cecilia's departure, our Chief Operating Officer Sarah Shannon will serve as Interim CEO as we continue our CEO search. Please join us by echoing our immense gratitude to Cecilia for her service to Brooklyn!
We are also excited to share the position description for the executive search and encourage you to circulate it widely among your networks. Please send nominations to BrooklynCommunityFoundation@PhillipsOppenheim.com.