The Interfaith Census 2020 Count Coalition
will be distributing $20,000 in small grants to houses of worship to support local action that may need additional resources. These grants of $50-$500 will be provided between February and June 2020 to host census awareness and completion activities and conduct select marketing and organizing strategies to get your communities counted. Deadline is May 31st at 6PM
. Learn more here.
The New York State Census Equity Fund
is inviting proposals
from nonprofits that are working to reach, educate, and mobilize hard-to-count populations to participate in the 2020 Decennial Census. Grants will be in the range of $1,000-$4,000 and funds will be awarded on a rolling basis until expended. The expected timeline for this grant round is between February 15th and March 31st.
Census Outreach Opportunities
in Prospect Park:
Prospect Park Alliance and its partners invite community-based organizations to Prospect Park to conduct census outreach. The following locations and events are available for census tabling:
- Greenmarket at Grand Army Plaza and Bartel Pritchard Square: Wednesdays + Saturdays, 9 am - 3 pm
- The LeFrak Center at Lakeside: Daily, 10 am - 6 pm
- Smorgasburg: Sundays (starting April 5), 11 am - 6 pm
- Prospect Park Audubon Center at the Boathouse: (starting April 4): Saturdays + Sundays, 10 am-1 pm + Spring Break (April 9-10 + 13-17): Monday-Friday, 12 pm - 4 pm
- Prospect Park Parade Ground Snack Bar (starting April 4): Saturdays + Sundays, 9 am - 5 pm
Please reach out to Thara Duclosel at email@example.com to coordinate engagements at these sites.