Join the National Committee for Response Philanthropy and esteemed panelists for a webinar on Thursday, January 15th at 2:30pm EST to explore what foundations can do in response to recent events in Ferguson, New York City and across the country. Hear from grassroots organizers who have been on the ground in the movement about what type of support they need to be successful. Learn funding strategies for supporting the leadership organizations in the movement. And discuss how your foundation can be involved beyond giving grants.
Use the #ncrpchat #ferguson #blacklivesmatter hashtags on Twitter to engage with the panelists and other attendees: @aliciagarza @tymcharris @ZachWNorris @ReverendStarsky.
- Alicia Garza, Special Projects Director, National Domestic Workers Alliance and Creator, #blacklivesmatter
- Tynesha Mcharris, Director of Community Leadership, Brooklyn Community Foundation
- Zachary Norris, Executive Director, Ella Baker Center for Human Rights
- Rev. Starsky Wilson, President & CEO, Deaconess Foundation and Co-Chair of the Ferguson Commission
- Aaron Dorfman, Executive Director, NCRP (moderator)