Investing in Community-based Organizations Serving Immigrant Youth
Empower immigrant youth to create and access necessary resources and services
We support organizations that help immigrant youth in Brooklyn build their capacity to be bold leaders in order to advocate for themselves and organize for change in their communities. We focus on investing in political education and coalition building, legal and language services, and policy change.
- Building Organizational Leadership and Capacity: Support for neighborhood-based organizations across Brooklyn that address critical needs of local immigrant families.
- Advocacy: Support for programs that work to increase access to public benefits and legislative protections, provide advocacy and organizing training, and support policy change.
2019-2020 Immigrant Youth and Families Grants: Grants support organizations that provide critical legal advocacy, social supports, and leadership development for immigrant youth in Brooklyn.
- Arab American Association of New York: For a leadership fellowship for Arab and Muslim youth that provides resources and tools to address advocacy issues including immigration, police accountability, and racial justice. Boroughwide, Bay Ridge
- Arab-American Family Support Center: For programs that strengthen Arab, Middle Eastern, Muslim, and South Asian immigrant youth’s academic achievement, creative expression and healthy behaviors. Boroughwide
- DRUM (Desis Rising Up and Moving): To organize South Asian youth for campaigns focused on educational equity, economic justice, legalization, workplace rights, and an end to racial profiling and anti-immigrant enforcement. Flatbush, Midwood
- El Puente: To organize communities of color to fight gentrification through youth-led community campaigns and initiatives focused on environmental justice, climate change, community safety, and racial/cultural equity in education, the arts, and wellness. Williamsburg
- Make the Road New York: For immigrant youth-led organizing programs focused on the school-to-prison pipeline, community schools, and greater police accountability and transparency. Bushwick
- New York State Youth Leadership Council: To support undocumented immigration you-led organization around access to higher education and healthcare, protection from deportation, and the right to work. Boroughwide, Sunset Park, Prospect Heights
- Safe Passage Project: For free legal services and representation to meet the unmet needs of immigrant and undocumented children in partnership with community high schools. Boroughwide