The Community Fund helps the Foundation carry out its ambitious vision for a fair and just Brooklyn. It is a flexible source of support for the Foundation’s strategic initiatives, grantmaking, and leadership activities. It enables the Foundation to effectively respond to the needs of Brooklyn over time, in partnership with dedicated donors and stakeholders on the frontlines of social change.
Support the Foundation’s mission to spark social change across Brooklyn through stategic grantmaking and special initiatives. Invest in the Community Fund or give directly to one of our core strategies:
- INVEST IN YOUTH FUND supports the Foundation’s primary grantmaking and community initiative focused on strengthening Brooklyn’s next generation. This Fund is defined by three areas: Youth Development & Leadership, Youth Justice, and Immigrant Youth & Families. Learn more.
- NEIGHBORHOOD STRENGTH FUND supports community-led grantmaking that puts local stakeholders at the center of decision making about how to fund change in their own neighborhoods. Learn more.
- BROOKLYN ACCELERATOR is a hub for strengthening and supporting Brooklyn’s vibrant nonprofit sector through an Incubator for emerging nonprofits and the Spark Prize for top Brooklyn organizations. Learn more.
- IMMIGRANT RIGHTS FUND was established in 2016 as a response to mounting uncertainty and fear within Brooklyn’s immigrant communities. The fund will support both the immediate and long-term needs of immigrants in our borough and across New York City, while strengthening collaboration among immigrant-serving nonprofits. Learn more.
- RACIAL EQUITY FUND supports the Foundation’s ongoing grantmaking, advocacy and special initiatives designed to increase the ability of people of color to determine and sustain a more equitable future for themselves and their communities. Learn more.
Contact Jenny Walski, Director of Donor Engagement, to explore your giving options at email@example.com or 718.480.7500.
Brooklyn Community Foundation accepts donations of cash, stock, real estate, artwork, and bequests. All non-cash donations are subject to approval by the Foundation and all donations are 100% tax-deductible. Read our complete gift acceptance policy here.