Brooklyn Community Foundation’s Classic Donor Advised Fund is a simple and flexible way to streamline all your charitable giving.
Classic Donor Advised Funds are established with a minimum contribution of $25,000. Choose from a variety of investment options at Vanguard or invest alongside the Foundation’s endowment and grow your fund tax-free. Once your fund is set up, you may start recommending grants to any domestic registered nonprofit organization.
With your donor advised fund, you will receive an immediate tax deduction for all contributions that you make to your fund and be assured of hassle-free charitable giving for years to come.
AT A GLANCE
- Name your fund
- Make an initial contribution via transfer of publicly traded securities, check, or credit card
- Minimum $25,000 initial contribution to open
- Simple 1% annual fee
- Option of anonymity or recognition for your giving
- Multiple investment options
- Option to commingle assets with the Foundation’s endowment for funds starting at $250,000 or more
- Take an immediate tax deduction for the full amount of your contribution or carry it over for up to five years
- Avoid capital gains on gifts of publicly traded securities
- No annual grantmaking requirements
- Ability to pass your Fund on from generation to generation
- Quick and easy set-up
- Fund grows tax free
Get Started Today
Establishing a Fund is easy and can be set up in less than a week. Contact Sarah Shannon, Director of Philanthropy & Donor Services, at 718.480.7504 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss Fund options and obtain a copy of our Fund Agreement and Terms and Conditions.
Make an initial contribution via stock transfer, check, or credit card.